Cannabidiol or CBD is a natural compound derived from the cannabis plant that research has shown offers the potential to assist with many common ailments. It is only one out of 100 different cannabinoids found in the plant alongside tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. THC is the psychoactive compound found in cannabis responsible for the ‘high’ sensation associated with marijuana. The drug has no psychoactive characteristics.
CBD is an attractive option for people who want the medicinal benefits of the marijuana plant without the mind-altering effects or those who are looking to avoid toxic chemicals associated with pharmaceuticals. The oil is natural as the extraction takes place from the plant and then is diluted using a carrier oil such as hemp seed or coconut oil. Click here now for more information.
Potential Medicinal Effects Of CBD Oil
There are scientific studies on record indicating CBD Oil’s potential to relieve symptoms of chronic pain as well as anxiety, making it famous throughout the wellness community. There is a growing list of medical ailments that boast as having benefited from the use of the oil. Let’s look at a few ways this natural product may be able to assist with well-being.
- Using marijuana as a means of treating pain goes back to as early as 2900 BC. Scientists today have found CBD to have components responsible for the relief of pain. Within your body, there are endocannabinoids which regulate many functions such as appetite, sleep, immunity, and sleeping. These neurotransmitters bind with cannabinoid receptors within the nervous system. The suggestion is that CBD impacts the endocannabinoid receptor activity, which in turn reduces chronic pain along with inflammation. Scientifically it boasts of being effective in cases involving multiple sclerosis patients and arthritis conditions.
- Mental health disorders grossly affect many people in our society, particularly anxiety and depression, causing devastating impacts on overall health and well-being. Typically, treatment for these conditions comprises pharmaceutical drugs, which consist of a vast array of side effects such as agitation, drowsiness, headaches, insomnia, and so on. They also have the potential to become addictive.
CBD is a promising natural alternative for these disorders leading many to inquire about the effectiveness. With animal studies and in cases with children suffering from anxiety and insomnia related to PTSD, the treatment proved beneficial. It has the note of being due to the oil’s response to the brain’s serotonin receptors, which is the neurotransmitter responsible for regulating overall mood and social behavior. Follow https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/16/style/self-care/cbd-oil-benefits.html for additional benefits of the oil.
Pain, vomiting, and nausea related to the side effects of cancer treatment or as symptoms associated with cancer can potentially have a reduction through the use of CBD oil. Animal studies seen through completion to see what effects CBD will have, show the potential for anticancer properties with one particular study, test-tube, indicating a concentrated amount brought about cell death for breast cancer cells. With a separate study indicating an inhibition of the spread of aggressive breast cancer in mice. More studies need performing with human cases.
CBD research is ongoing on the effects it has on a plethora of various health ailments. More studies need to be done especially in the human aspect, but there are suspected benefits in some of these areas:
- There is research that suggests that CBD has the potential to aid in the treatment of schizophrenia and a variety of other severe mental disorders through the reduction of psychotic symptomatology.
- Studies indicate that there is a connection between CBD and treatment for substance abuse, as CBD can modify brain circuits as they relate to addiction. Studies in completion on rats suffering from morphine dependence and heroin seeking behavior each with a reduction in symptoms.
- There have been successful test-tube and animal tests showing CBD as having anti-tumor effects where it has prevented prostate, breast, brain, lung, and colon cancers from spreading.
CBD touts as having good tolerance and deems to be safe. It does have the potential to bring adverse reactions, which may vary depending on your body chemistry and makeup. Some effects can include changes in weight or appetite, diarrhea, or fatigue. It can interact with medications that you may be currently taking. You must consult a doctor if you decide CBD is something you want to try. That will allow you to have monitoring from your physician and advisement for the correct dosing.
There is a lot that scientists are still learning about CBD, its efficacy, and, most importantly, its safety. What they have up to this point using test-tube studies and animal testing leads them to believe that oil is a natural power treatment that is safe for many of the health conditions suffered by human patients. They need to continue their research and do so with people to see what the actual effect is to make more significant strides in the health community.