Buy the Silver Surfer Vaporizer for $252.99
The SilverSurfer offers a very long lasting ceramic heating element which is fully adjustable up to 900 degrees. The Silver Surfer Vaporizer was the first vaporizer to offer the all glass and ceramic heater, which the air only comes in contact with the glass and ceramic. The “SSV” is the only wand style vaporizer to offer the patent pending quick change wand. You can change your screen in 1/10 the time of the competition.
Manufactured in the United States using aluminium and acrylic, each Silver Surfer vaporizer is different, courtesy of glass temperature knobs and heater covers that are hand-crafted from marbles! Some say it’s a work of art; me, I’m not so sure.
The fact that the Silver Surfer is tilted at an angle is not just down to artistic license. The much more prosaic and, it has to be said, well thought-out reason is that this angle allows you to place the whip in an upward direction against the heat source, which is not only less awkward, it also means that you don’t loose any of your tobacco or other herbs all over the floor.
The 1/5 inch thick housing is aluminium and is, it’s claimed, indestructible. Despite all of this glass and metal, the major selling point of this particular vaporizer is the high quality of its ceramic heater, which is fully adjustable up to 900°F, I’ve put ‘F’ because I assume that a temperature as high as this must be Fahrenheit. Just in case it is Celsius, however, a quick conversion shows the equivalent to be just over 480°. As most plants give off their active ingredients at approximately 350°, a temperature as high as this is unlikely to be needed. Maybe that’s just me being picky. What is good is that the heat source takes only 2-3 minutes to reach the correct temperature to start vaporizing.
To use, the Silver Surfer is similar to most other convection/whip vaporizers. First thing to do is to turn the thing on, the manufacturer’s suggestion is that you turn the temperature knob to the maximum for the warm up period. Whilst the vaporizer is heating, you can be chopping your herbs ready for use and, when you’ve done that, put some of the material quite loosely into the whip. You don’t need much – if you think in terms of inches, you should fill the wand to a depth of between 1/8 and ¼ of an inch.
Once ready, simply place the glass end of the whip against the glass heater cover and begin to inhale. Stirring/shaking the plant material in between draws will maximize the efficiency and the yield of the plant material. When the herb is exhausted (you’ll know by the taste!) either turn the whip upside down and shake the used stuff out, or wiggle it out with the pick that comes with the vaporizer, and that is also glass marble topped.
There are a number of accessory options for the Silver Surfer, including a hands free device that simply holds the wand to the heater for you. Apparently, they can be a little difficult to fit, due to the handmade heater covers not being uniform, but a little trial and error usually does the trick or so I’m told. Trials include taking some bend out of the device or placing it on backwards!
Another accessory is the Aromatop, which the manufacturers say will let you use the Silver Surfer as a fragrance diffuser whilst you use it as a vaporizer. I’m not sure about that one – your granny might not like the aroma of your herbs, then again she might; only you know the answer to that one.
One accessory the Silver Surfer folk appear to be very proud of is the Quick Change Wand. The quick change refers to the screen, rather than to the wand itself. Because of the ‘hour-glass’ shape of the Silver Surfer wand, the screen doesn’t go all the way to the bottom, which prevents all the jiggery-pokery that sometimes accompanies the removal of a screen from a wand.
This vaporizer is supplied at either 110v or 220v and with a unique Pyrex glass heater cover and temperature knob. You get a standard whip that comprises a quick change Pyrex wand and food-grade vinyl tube, together with a clear glass mouthpiece. The 10’ power cord comes as standard, a stainless-steel glass topped pick is included, and you also get a free pack of 10 screens.
The Silver Surfer has become a cult classic during its time on the market. With its distinctive looks, superior quality components and durable construction this is a top range vaporizer with a mid range price ticket. Beginners will love it, as will seasoned vapers who are looking for a quality vaporizer that will last them a lifetime.
Silver Surfer Vaporizer comes with:
- 1 pc. Silver Surfer Vaporizer
- 1 pc. Silver Surfer Vaporizer Bag
- 1 pc. Standard Vapor Whip
- 1 pc. Glass Tipped Custom Stir Tool
- 2 pc. 5/8″ Replacement Screen .625
- 1 pc. Instruction Manual
- Inhalation method: Direct inhalation via supersoft whip and glass mouthpiece.
- Portability: This is a corded, table top vaporizer that is not portable.
- Dimensions: 7″ x 5.25″ x 6.25″ (17.5cm x 13.1cm x 15.6cm).
- Power: Mains Powered, available in 120v or 220v.
- Heat source: Aluminum ceramic heating element.
- Temperature control: Temperature is fully adjustable using a quality rheostat dial.
- Heat up time: 2-3 minutes.
- Build: The Silver Surfer body is constructed using high quality anodized aluminum.
- Accessories: Accessories available include a range of changeable colored base plates and a nifty hemp carrying case.
- Manufacturer: Made by 7th Floor LLC in Colorado Springs, USA.
- Color options: Available in a wide range of colors including black, green, red, orange, bubblegum pink, rainbow zen, burgundy and silver.
- Warranty: 3 year warranty against manufacturing defects.
Silver Surfer Vaporizer Instructions:
- Before first use run your Silver Surfer Vaporizer for 30 minutes at full temperature to burn of any oil or detritus from the factory and packing process. Do this in a well ventilated area.
- Turn back the knob about 1/3 turn. The ideal setting for your own personal tastes can be found through a process of trial and error.
- Grind your mix finely.
- Place your finely ground material into the bowl of the glass hand-piece, filling the bowl about 1/8 full.
- Gently push the wand up to the hole on the glass heater.
- Inhale with steady breaths.
- Sometimes your mix will heat unevenly, use the supplied stirring tool to stir the mix for a more even vaporization.
- Repeat as desired.
Silver Surfer Vaporizer Warranty:
- The Silver Surfer vaporizer comes with a 3 year warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Warranty is for normal use only and only valid if purchased from an authorized dealer.
If you would like to find out more about the Silver Surfer vaporizer or purchase it at the lowest price, please visit this site.